Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
In the leisure pool swimming 20 yards a mile is 44 laps or 88 lengths.
1 Competition Pool 1 Leisure Pool 1 Warm Water Therapy Pool
The leisure pool is 20 yards.
The platforms are 5 meters (16.4 ft), 7.5 meters (24.6 ft), and 10 meters (32.8 ft).
For guidelines on building a deck, please contact the Building Inspections Department at 540-382-6120, ext 1122.
The current fee is $3000 per connection for Town residents and $4500 per connection for non-residents. For more information, see the Engineering Fees page.
The current fee is $3000 per connection for Town residents (plus $5 per linear foot of lot frontage of certain areas being served). For non-residents, the current fee is $4500 per connection. For more information, see the Engineering Fees page.
A DMV record or Motor Vehicle Report that has ANY of the following convictions during the most recent three-year period will be deemed “unacceptable”:
• DWI/DUI• Reckless Driving• Suspended License• Speeding 15 MPH or more above the speed limit• Drug Offense• Hit & Run/Leaving the scene of an accident• Two or more at-fault accidents• Three or more moving violations in the past three years (does not count non-moving violations such as expired registration, improper equipment)• Less than three years of driving experience
DMV reports that do not list any of the aforementioned convictions or driver liability concerns will be deemed “acceptable” per carrier insurability guidelines.
If you are not a town resident, but own a business in Christiansburg, you must provide a real estate property tax ticket showing that you own the property the business is located at; or provide a valid business license, a lease showing the office space is inside town limits, and a utility bill (the address on all three documents must match). Persons who do not live, own property, or own a business within Christiansburg town limits, may purchase a membership.
For current membership rate information, please call Michelle Trussell at 382-2349.
(1) Locate your property corners to ensure the fence is being placed within your property. If you are unsure about the location of property corners, many plats showing the boundaries of property can be located in the Clerk of Circuit Court's office, specifically the Records Room, in the Montgomery County Courthouse at 55 East Main St., Suite 1, Christiansburg, VA - (540) 382-5760.
(2) There are no setback requirements for fences but barbed wire and electric fences are not allowed within five feet of and parallel to any street right-of-way.
(3) A fence may be placed in a public utility or drainage easement on your property; however, it is your responsibility to move the fence if the easement needs to be accessed or to make sure that drainage is not impeded by the placement of the fence. The plat of your property should show any easements on the property if they exist.
(4) If you are placing a fence on a corner lot, a 20-foot site triangle needs to be met to ensure the safety of road users. The site triangle is an area formed by a straight line connecting two points, one in each street, on the adjacent street right-of-way line 20 feet distant from the intersection of the two street right-of-way lines which border the property. [Town Code Sec. 30-14(a)].
Please contact the Planning Department at (540) 382-6120 if you should have any further questions regarding fences.
Ordinance Violation Complaint Form
- a certified violation letter is mailed to the tenant and/or property owner.- the recipient of the violation letter has ten (10) days to come into compliance. The ten days begin on the day the violation letter is signed for. - A ten day follow-up inspection is conducted by the staff member handling the violation. If the property has reached compliance, the violation case is closed. - if the violation remains, the staff member sends a final violation letter and another ten days is given for compliance. - A final ten day follow-up inspection is performed. If the property has reached compliance, then the violation case is closed. - If the violation remains, staff will contract the property for mowing/cleanup or pursue court-mandated compliance.
Residents may still dispose of materials in the following ways:
1) Call 382-6120 to schedule a pickup of your materials at a cost of $25 per truckload, plus an additional landfill tipping fee. This service is available year-round
2) Haul the items directly to the Montgomery Regional Solid Waste Authority, located at 555 Authority Dr. (www.mrswa.com) More Info
To report an after hours maintenance emergency like a water main break or sewerage stoppage, please call our regional dispatch office at 540-382-4343.
If you need to report a power outage, please call AEP at 1-800-956-4237.
Always call 911 in an emergency.
The Town does maintain the street lights in downtown Christiansburg (with the green poles).
Should you notice any of these lights not working properly, please call the Engineering Department at (540) 382-6120 or Public Works at (540) 382-1151.
No. The services come together as a package. If you register for one service, you must pay for the other.
No. The services come together as a package. If you register for one service, you must pay for the other. The Town found this is the most cost-effective way to provide the service and make it viable. If curbside recycling was an add-on option and not required, the Town would not be able to provide the service at such a low rate.
In order to cancel your recycling service, you must also cancel your garbage service, which you may do by visiting the Finance Department on the first floor of Town Hall at 100 E. Main Street or by calling (540) 382-9519 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
You will have to haul your trash to the Montgomery Regional Solid Waste Authority landfill (located at 555 Authority Drive) or to one of the Montgomery County disposal sites located throughout the County.
To accommodate curbside recycling, there will be a $5 increase to the garbage collection fee, increasing monthly service from $17 to $22, beginning July 1.
You will be automatically signed up for curbside recycling if you are a current garbage customer. While garbage collection through the Town of Christiansburg is not mandatory for residents, those who have the service will be required to have curbside recycling. If you are not a current garbage customer, you will need to sign up for both garbage and recycling in order to have the service. We will not be sending out sign-up forms. Call the Finance Department at 540-382-9519 to sign up for garbage and recycling, or visit Town Hall at 100 E. Main Street.
Assistance is available to persons with a verified disability. If you are already receiving assistance to get your garbage cart to the curb, you will continue to receive that assistance plus assistance for your recycling container. If you are not already receiving this assistance and would like to request assistance, please call 540-382-9519.
The Town will be evaluating the use of the drop sites over time. The Town will be closing the Christiansburg High School site due to a decrease in usage. The Town still maintains the following drop sites:
No, curbside recycling is only available for residential properties at this time. Businesses who have garbage collection will not be charged the $5 increase, since they will not be provided the service.
Waste Industries will collect your recycling every other week and will follow the Town’s regular garbage collection schedule. This means if your garbage is scheduled to be collected on Mondays, your recycling will be picked up every other Monday. A pickup calendar with your exact collection dates will be attached to your recycling cart when it is delivered in June.
Curbside recycling service will begin the first week of July for residents with Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday garbage collection service. Residents with Thursday and Friday service will have their first pickups on July 12 and 13.
Waste Industries will be delivering recycling carts during the first two weeks of June. Please be sure to read the attached information, which will provide additional details on the service and will include a magnetic pickup schedule with your exact collection dates.
There are two recycling cart sizes available – 96 gallons and 65 gallons. You will receive the cart size that matches your current solid waste cart. For example, if you currently have a 96-gallon garbage cart, you will receive the 96-gallon recycling cart. If you currently have a 48-gallon garbage cart, you will receive the 65-gallon recycling cart. If you are currently paying for two solid waste carts, you will receive two recycling carts.
You’ll need to downsize to one garbage cart. Hopefully, with the addition of a recycling cart, you’ll produce less garbage!
You do not have to receive or keep the recycling cart if you do not want it, but you do have to pay the increase, totaling to $22 a month, if you'd like to continue receiving solid waste collection. If you are willing to pay the $22 but do not wish to have a recycling cart, please call Finance at 540-382-9519.
We allow a one-time cart exchange for free. For example, if you have a 96-gallon cart and would like a 65-gallon cart, just call our Public Works Department at (540) 382-1151 or our Finance Department at 540-382-9519, and we’ll get the cart switched out for free.
Your cart must be placed either in the street with the wheels against the curb (preferred), at the end of your driveway or on the curb/yard beside of the street. If the placement of your cart in the street will obstruct traffic, then it should instead be placed at the end of your driveway, on the curb or at the edge of your yard beside the street. Please make sure that the cart is level, the arrows on your cart’s lid points toward the street and your cart is at least three feet from all fixed objects such as mailboxes, trees, street lights or parked vehicles. Please leave a three foot gap between carts placed next to each other. Please remember that all recycling must be placed inside of the provided cart to be collected.
Please have your cart placed for pickup by 8 a.m. If you place your cart out later than 8 a.m., your recycling may not be collected.
The best place to store your cart is in an indoor area such as a garage or shed. You may also store your cart outdoors, to the side or rear of your house.
If your cart is damaged, please call the Public Works Department at (540) 382-1151 or our Finance Department at 540-382-9519. A Waste Industries representative will be sent to your residence to repair or replace your cart. The Town is not responsible for carts left unattended. Please note that this service is provided to you, free of charge only if the damage occurred during regular use. If your cart is stolen, you will first need to file a report with the Christiansburg Police Department at (540) 382-3131. Then, contact the Public Works Department at (540) 382-1151 or our Finance Department at 540-382-9519 for a replacement cart.
No. All recyclables should be loose in your cart.
Milk or juice cartons? No.
Plastic milk jugs? Yes.Broth or soup packages? No.Pizza boxes? Yes, just make sure there are no food solids left in the box.Plastic bags? No.Shredded paper? No.Aluminum foil? No.Motor oil containers? Yes, as long as the container is empty.Corrugated cardboard? Yes. Larger boxes may take up more space in your cart, so you can still opt to drop large items off at the drop sites. However, if you can fit it in your cart, that is fine.
You can leave the lids on the containers, as long as the container is empty.
No. If all contents have been removed, you do not need to rinse the container. However, to avoid potentially attracting ants, bees or other insects, you may want to consider cleaning out certain containers.
You can recycle plastics #1-2. You cannot recycle plastics #3-7. Please check the number before recycling.
When it comes to glass, only recycle glass bottles and jars. No broken glass or sharps are allowed.
When it comes to metal, only recycle metal cans. No metal car parts, electronics, cords or wires are allowed.
Please note that personal property taxes are prorated based upon vehicle registrations records with the DMV. If you buy, sell, or trade a vehicle during the year, your personal property taxes will be prorated for that calendar year.
Once your personal property taxes become 60 days past due they are subject to an additional $35.00 penalty fee and restrictions on your records at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Please note that each additional copy of the bill will be clearly marked. If you receive a bill and it does not say 'Copy,' you are responsible for paying that bill and no copy has been sent to your mortgage company.
If same day service is needed, please be at Town Hall by 3 p.m.
To pay your utility bill online, please visit: utilitybilling.christiansburg.org.
We are also able to accept payments via the following:
-Visa, Mastercard, and Discover debit/credit cards are accepted for payment, along with cash, checks, and money orders.
-Payments may be automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account each month through the Direct Payment Plan. Visit the Billing & Service Office at Christiansburg Town Hall, 100 E. Main Street or www.christiansburg.org/treasury for more information.
-Payments may also be directly billed to your credit card. Visit our office at the address above for more information.
Please also note: It is very important that you use your correct 12 digit account number listed on your utility statement or the PID number listed on your tax statement to assure proper application of your payment.
2. If the weather is very cold for several days, you could have frozen water lines. Please call the Town Hall and we can check if the water is frozen at the meter.
3. Sometimes the Town has to work on the main water lines and will disconnect water to a section of residences. Please call the Town Hall to see if we are working on or near your street.
1. Flush the toilet and allow the tank to refill.2. Once the tank is full, turn off the intake valve under the toilet so no more water comes in.3. Make a pencil mark at the water level inside the tank (not the bowl).4. Let the toilet sit all day (if you are gone during the day) or overnight. Make sure the toilet is not used during that time.5. After that period of time, check the water level in the tank. If the water level has dropped below the pencil mark, there is a leak at the flapper seal at the bottom of the tank and it will need to be replaced.
If you have more than one toilet in the residence, you can do the check on all the toilets but one, leaving it free for use, and then check the one after all the others have been checked.
Should you find a leak, do make arrangements for repair as soon as possible. Keep your receipts or invoices as we will need a copy for our records. Contact the Town Hall at (540) 382-9519 to notify us of your leak and/or repair.