Rules & Regulations
- All patrons must be at least 48 inches tall or able to swim one pool length unassisted to ride the slide.
- The line forms on the pool deck, not on the slide stairway.
- No tubes, mats, or lifejackets are permitted on the slide.
- Only one rider at a time. No doubles, chains, or trains.
- No jumping or diving from the flume.
- No climbing back up the flume.
- Enter the slide in a sitting position.
- Wait for the lifeguard's starting instructions before riding.
- Ride the slide feet first either sitting or lying down on back.
- Keep arms and legs inside the flume.
- Exit the splashdown pool area immediately.
- No running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling, or stopping the flume.
- Pregnant women and people with a heart or back condition should not use the slide.
- Do not use the slide while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Please walk while on the pool deck.
- A snack area is provided on the lobby level. Please keep all food and drinks in the snack area.
- All glass containers must be kept in the multipurpose rooms or kitchen area.
- Floats are permitted only during certain events.
- Please keep children wearing a lifejacket in water less than four feet in depth unless under the direct supervision of an adult. Lifejackets are not permitted in the Competition Pool.
- The Therapy Pool is for adults ages 18 years or older and infants are allowed in the arms of parents without splashing.
- Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult (over the age of 16).
- Diving is permitted only in areas that are marked and depth appropriate.
- The starting blocks are specialized equipment and to be used by trained individuals only during practices and events.
- Please remember the lanes lines are markers. Please do not hang or play on them.
- No persons will be permitted to swim with skin lesions, discharges, sores, inflamed eyes, mouth, nose or ear discharges.
- The Christiansburg Aquatic Center does not assume responsibility for lost or stolen articles. For your safety, please use a locker.
- Infants must wear an approved swim diaper when swimming. We require the reusable swim diaper over the top of a disposable swim diaper.
- Kick boards, pull buoys, dumbbells, and noodles are specialized equipment and are to be used only by lap swimmers and water programming staff during Christiansburg Aquatic Center classes and programs.
- Only Christiansburg Aquatic Staff members are permitted on the bulkhead.
- Please do not swim under the bulkheads.
Lap Lane Rules & Lap Swimming Etiquette
- Please be courteous to other swimmers.
- Unless the lane is empty, please swim and kick in a counter-clockwise circular pattern in the lane.
- Observe the speed of swimmers in all lanes. Select the lane consisting of swimmers whose speeds are comparable to yours.
- If you are the faster swimmer, wait for an appropriate time to pass so that it does not hinder another swimmers' pace.
- If you must rest at the end of the lane, stand at the side corner by the lane lines as to not impede another swimmer's turn.
Cardio Room Rules
- Ages 16 and up only.
Please note: If you or your child require any special accommodations, please inform our staff. We would be happy to assist you.
Proper Swim Attire
We ask that no street clothes be worn in the pool, this includes:
- Dresses and skirts
- Jeans and sweatpants
- Outdoor footwear that is dirty
- Shorts with belt loops
- T-shirts and dress shirts
Proper attire for swimming pool includes:
- Board shorts
- Rash guard shirts
- Swim shoes
All flotation devices must be U.S. Coast Guard-approved. Our staff would be happy to assist you and make sure they are approved.